Donuts. Not just for breakfast anymore.
I remember when “fancy” was a cake donut with pink icing and sprinkles. I was soooo fancy. A jelly filled glazed donut was the next step up. That would be my sister, super sophisticated. Now, I chuckle at my childhood simplicities. So I asked recently on Instagram: “Where is your favorite place get delicious donuts in Las Vegas??” And, boy, did you answer!! Many of you asked, “classic or bougie?” To which I said emphatically, “yes!”
Southwest / Spring Valley
- Glaze Donuts: The classics are delish, but you gotta sample from the fancy menu. Bag up a Fruity Pebbles donut for my nephew and a horchata and churro donut for me, thank you very much!
- Coco Donuts: A wide selection to be sure, but the main event at Coco Donuts is the Dough’sant: a croissant base with a variety of icing options. Très yum!
- Saint Honoré Doughnuts & Beignets: TOO PRETTY TO EAT!! But eat ’em anyway – sooo good! We are talking couture doughnuts (they even spell them the fancy way.) If the ice cream-stuffed brioche doughnut topped with Nutella and crushed Oreos doesn’t grab your attention, the Dulce de Leche, or the piled-high Le Chocolat will (or any number of artisanal creations!)
- Wicked Donuts: Beyond the super-cool rockabilly vibe, Wicked infuses “Vegas” into its donuts (literally) by sinking an injection of Kahula (in their Big Daddy chocolate/coffee creation) or Cointreau (in the Créme Brulee glazed donut) for a double dose of deliciousness. Very little in their collection is something you’d find elsewhere – truly impressive!
- Ronald’s Donuts: Kickin’ it old school in the same location since 1973, Ronald’s has a loyal following. Delicious AND a variety of vegan options, too!! If you have desire for a super-large donut for a birthday celebration (or a particularly challenging week #emotionaleater) they got you covered as well.
- Carl’s Donuts: Another Old School Vegas establishment, Carl’s Donuts has been supplying stores, hotels and casinos with their tasty treats since 1966. The menu has the classics and a tasty collection of “top shelf” offerings as well. And with their storefront adjacent to what had once been another legendary Vegas fixture: Wayne Newton’s home, Casa De Shenandoah (it will always be Mr. Las Vegas’ home in my book) this is Classic Vegas comfort and heritage all the way..!
- Donut Bar: Donut Bar is serious business and proud to be known as the Most Award Winning Donut Shop in the USA. Crack open the Creme Brûlée Donut. Or drizzle Vermont Maple Syrup on their French Toast Donut. The Grilled Cheese Donut may be a bit beyond my wheelhouse – if you’ve tried it, let me know!!
North Las Vegas area
- Blooming Buns Bakehouse: Specializing in brioche doughnuts, their pastries are fluffy and butter and light. Give their brioche style Beignets, Bagels and CookieBuns a try while you’re at it. Bring a box of happiness with you to your next meeting or gathering and spread joy!
- Pink Box Doughnuts: With multiple locations across the Vegas Valley, PinkBox is a go-to for yummy fun. The unicorn donuts were particularly raved about when I asked for favs, and its no doubt why: adorable and delicious (and a fun addition to a birthday or slumber party!) The official doughnut partner of the Las Vegas Raiders, the Pink Box menu has personality, variety, and lots of smiles (looking up at you from the donut box by either the donut itself, or the delighted faces of those you are sharing them with…)
- Friendly Donut House: Open 24 hours with a colorful menu sure to hit all the sweet spots. Their recent menu included seasonal favs like Pumpkin Pie Crumble, and S’mores, as well as classic flavs like lemon poppyseed and vanilla bean glazed. They post their monthly flavors on their Instagram account – follow along!